Saturday, December 4, 2010

Domesticated Diva...

Out of all of my friends I was the LAST one to ever get into a relationship.  I went through high school and college always busy doing my own thing and now... my boy and I are going to be celebrating our 4th Christmas together! Or, our 2nd Christmas living together.

So, you can say within the last 2 years I have become a little domesticated. I went from never using a pot to making home made pasta and from not knowing how to use a washing machine to doing laundry for 2 on a weekly basis.  I must admit, I am enjoying it! Well, the cooking part more than the laundry part at least.

After taking a cooking class I learned how to make homemade pasta and bought all of the machines to process a variety of pasta.  Ravioli, Rigatoni, Bucatini.... you name it! Eggs and flour have become my new best friends :)

Recently, I decided to cook a Pre-Thanksgiving dinner.  My mom bought me a ravioli cutter and I couldn't wait to use it so I decided to make homemade braised



beef ravioli. It took me 3 hours but after braising the beef with carmelized onions, garlic, beef stock and red wine I had my ravioli filling. Then I got my little pasta machine out and rolled and rolled and rolled my pasta dough until it flattened out to about 3 feet long.  They looked pretty good... but they tasted even better.  (Thumbs up to becoming a Domesticaed Diva!)

No comments:

Post a Comment