Thursday, October 4, 2012

BARCLAY'S

Being born, raised and having worked in Brooklyn  I cannot believe all of the positive changes that have happened! I remember when our teachers wouldn't let us go on class trips to Mc Carren Park in Greenpoint because, they were afraid kids would get injected from dirty hypodermic needles hiding in the grass. Williamsburg/Greenpoint was actually considered one of the safer neighborhoods in Brooklyn at the time.  Now, what was once the hood...Jay Street, Atlantic Avenue, Court Street, etc.  looks about as dangerous as TriBeCa.

Last Friday (September 28, 2012) JAY Z did his first performance at, the highly anticipated opening of the Barclay's Center.  After what Jay Z stated was 8 years in the making,  the Atlantic Avenue Brooklyn born stadium has finally opened to the public.  And no other than Jay Z...Brooklyn's most enamored admirer, has committed to doing 8 shows.  Well luckily my boyfriend and I were able to get tickets to last Saturday's show.  The arena is beautiful with colored lasers pointing out of the stadium and into the sky.  Even though I am not a sports fan I would love to go back there to see the Brooklyn Nets play in their new casa.

The real Sean Carter not only entertained the crowd with his older hits like "La, La, La" but, also recent ones like "Run This Town" "Empire State of Mind," and one of my favorites "Onto the Next One." Check out the clip from my experience below.






No comments:

Post a Comment