Thursday, October 4, 2012

Stress + Shopping = STRESS RELIEF


Everyone deals with stress in a different way... some like to eat a carton of Ben & Jerry's, some people bottle everything up until they have a nervous breakdown, some need to exercise, some people need to write their emotions on paper and others like me tend to shop even when they don't have the money to do so.  Stress tends turns me off to food (and, you know how much I LOVE to eat) but, turns me on to shopping.  This past month has been one with many personal developments.  One, that's kind of left me doing ALOT of soul searching and inner reflecting.  My inner psychologist seems to be hinting that I am trying to use my wardrobe as a reflection of my new inner self.  Whatever it is this fall's style with all of the Bohemian prints, cashmere & wool blends, black leather jackets, pants and shorts has left me feeling giddy and my pockets feelings...err... empty.

Just last week I went to Lord and Taylor's to get a dress I needed for a wedding however, along with the dress I ended up purchasing a pair of black leather leggings, a bright green statement jacket and a sexy navy sheer dress top.  Total Damage $376.00! OUCH! My endorphins convinced me I would regret it if I did NOT purchase the oh so needed items to add to my fall wardrobe so, with my head turned to the side and my eyes squinted shut I handed my credit card to the sales associate and swipe...APPROVED.  Shit! Part of me was hoping it would get declined... I signed away as my endorphins approved of my purchase with an applause.  I think Marilyn Monroe forgot to add clothes, shoes and accessories to her famous quotation "Diamonds are a girls best friend."

But, like a junkie who just can't get enough Bloomingdales just ended their friends and family sale this week. Even though I did my best to stay away by throwing out every piece of correspondence they had sent me in the mail,  I was still drawn to their fashionable department store like a moth to a flame. So, I ended up taking advantage of the last day of their highly anticipated sale.  My purchase consisted Free People black leather shorts, Guess Marciano gold and black striped sweater and a very sheer red flowy top. I spent under $200! $178.00 to be exact.  Since, I did so well on my first purchase I decided to go to J.Crew (which has become my new FAVORITE store) and bought a sweater and a belt all for $47.00.  Altogether in the last two weeks I spent $600 on clothes.  Oh boy... looks like I'll need to pick up a couple extra bar tending shifts this month.




No comments:

Post a Comment