Sunday, December 9, 2012

NYC Holiday Bustle

New York City is well known for its hustle and bustle, quick tawking and fast paced lifestyle. But, nothing will make you walk faster than trying to dodge pedestrians in the streets of manhattan during the holiday season.  


Feeling like frogger walking the streets, all of my senses standing at attention to watch for pick pocketing on the crowded sidewalks to trying to dodge pedestrians in a rush to catch the next train, to dribbling around the tourists with their eyes fixated on New York City skyscrapers.  Speed walking with my down puffy coat , nose in my scarf and an eye on my heavy purse I begin to feel like Kobe driving down the sidewalk ready to do a 360 move around the next person who crosses my path so I can get to my destination. Phew! Talk about being exhausted and I haven't even gotten to work yet.

Working out of Rockefeller center this past month I forgot what it feels like to be that little frog in frogger. Except instead of getting hit and smashed by a Mack truck while crossing the road, while walking down the streets of New York you have to watch out for the people, some as big as Mack trucks, walking right into you.  MERRY FUCKING CHRISTMAS! (::sarcasm at its finest::)


No comments:

Post a Comment