Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Martha's Invaded my Christmas Spirit

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE! I know you've heard me bitch and moan about the holiday crowds, the pushing and shoving and the unnecessary rush to spend more money than you would like on holiday presents. But, once the retail stores have shut their doors, the last ornament is finally hung and the ribbon on your final gift is tied, you realize the real reason behind the season of giving is that moment when you can feel the warmth this crazy holiday brings us at such a chilly time of year.  Being able sit down in your coziest chair, grab one (or maybe two) of santa's cookies, sip on your eggnog with a bright tree in sight makes you realize the true meaning behind this season.

With pictures of beautiful gifts and expensive presents flooding my Instagram feed I decided to post, not  any of the amazing gifts I received but, I wanted to show you what I decided to make as part of my boyfriend's present.  Even though, like myself, he's a sucker for over -priced luxury items, this year I decided to buy a vacation for us to the west coast of Canada and made him a gift basket with his favorite wine, candy and... a personalized mug that lists just some of the reason's why I love him.  Even though my man is not a coffee drinker he is an ice cream connoisseur so, I decided to let my Martha out and make him a new Ice Cream mug.


All you need are Sharpies (I bought a pack of 24 on Amazon for $13!) and a mug (I bought a set of 2 for $12 also on Amazon.)


Once you have your design drawn on the mug all you need to do is bake at 350 degrees for half an hour and... 

Wallah...

If you make a mistake don't worry! I am NOT an artist by any means and needed to re-write everything a bunch of times.  All you need to do is to keep baby wipes near by and wipe away any mistakes you make. 

Merry Christmas!






No comments:

Post a Comment