Wednesday, November 18, 2009

How does ego affect your entrepreneurial spirit?


It's funny how one day you can go from feeling like Clark Kent in Superman (you can kick ass and have your feature article proofread and handed in on time) one day, and then the next it's as if someone slipped Cryptonite in your cereal.

Have you ever felt your mood shift from an A+ to a D- in only a 24 hour time span?

This week I had signed up for New York's Entrepreneur Week, held at Columbia University.  Entrepreneur week is a series of panel discussions and seminars in which, successful entrepreneurs come to discuss their experience before and after the success of their company.  These are people who are generating millions of dollars a year in revenue, and I was surprised (and even relieved)to find out that even they had times where they woke up feeling more like Eeyore instead of Tigger.

The hardest part for me is trying to find my focus.  I have SO many interests and goals, that sometimes I get weighed down and overwhelmed by the thoughts running around in my mind.  I've decided that I don't want to be just specialized in one field when "I grow up."  Through my work experience I've learned a lot about what I don't want in my life.  And, now I feel that during my unemployment and thanks to learning opportunities like entrepreneur week, I am beginning to find a clearer sense of what I do want.

So here is what I've come up with so far: I want to be a media mogul who develops what I like to call "boutique restaurants" as a hobby.  What are boutique restaurants you ask? They are chic, gourmet, restaurants that serve as a comfort spot for comfort food.

What do you think? Does anyone share the same series of interests? of mood swings?

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete