Wednesday, December 23, 2009

The Wrapping High


Mmmm...your nose really knows its Christmas when you start to smell that frost in the air, the pine from the pine trees, and in my house the glue from the wrapping paper... err... I mean wall paper.

While, I started wrapping some of my Christmas presents last night it started to remind me of the Christmas morning's me and my sister had as kids. Nobody's family is normal, but thats what makes it fun.  And, I guess I never realized how abnormal my dad's wrapping procedure is until I told other people about it.  My dad is a typical breed from the 1940's and doesn't throw anything away, nor would he ever waste anything. And I mean ANYTHING. Even if he has no purpose for it, and if he found out somebody else was going to throw something out that seemed perfectly fine, well my dad was the one who would rescue that item from the sanitation department. 

Anyway, one way or another my dad came across some UGLY red and green wallpaper, definately too ugly to fit in anyones decorating plans so my dad decided it would be just perfect for our Christmas presents.  From the time I can remember every Christmas morning my sister and I would be there covered in shredded paper, intensly focused on our new toys and now that I think about it, I can't figure out if it was because the toys really kept our attention for that long, or because we were in a glue high from all the wall paper that was posing as wrapping paper.

Now, that I think about it I laugh! Because who does that?! LOL Hmm... how can you not cherish Christmas memories like these?!

2 comments:

  1. Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

    ReplyDelete