Saturday, July 14, 2012

Morning Motivation


In the morning it is exceptionally difficult for me to get motivated to move my ass.  Especially to go to the gym! I mean who wants to beat themselves up first thing in the morning?! Well, my goal this week is to get to the gym at least 4 DAYS! I went to Vegas for Memorial Day Weekend and it seems as though as soon as the summer started my gym routine flew out the window and I've been cheating on my weights with the sand at the beach.  But, after dragging my feet to the lovely house of machinery, weights and towels I got on the treadmill... started playing a new playlist on my iPod... and... BAM began feeling more awake and ready to MOVE (without even a cup of coffee!) I consider myself pretty fit and always conscious of what I eat but, even a triathlete has trouble waking up in the morning and putting their cardio system to work. 

Here's how I try and give myself a kick in the ass when I need it.  I just got a pair of blue tooth JayBird headphones so, no more cords from your headphones getting in between you and your weights or having your iPod fling across the floor because you knocked the headphones out of its socket while running.  They make such a difference and connect to your iPhone via blue tooth and wallah wireless music! The second thing I do for some motivation is keep my playlists FRESH! New music is a must... sometimes you want to do nothing but put on your new favorite songs and relax.  Well, at the gym you have a whole HOUR to do it.  Even though the physical labor the gym entails may not seem relaxing at first, you are actually releasing endorphins that causes your body to relieve stress and reduce anxiety.  In other words it's like a massage for your brain and nervous system. And, the third and most important thing I do... I do NOT allow myself to drink coffee before the gym.  If I complete my workout then I treat myself to Starbucks and you'll be surprised how much you'll get through and how quickly when you know that you have a venti skim latte waiting for you.


No comments:

Post a Comment